— Saturday October 6, 2018 — 8am to 4pm
Scott County Fairgrounds
— Scott County Agricultural Society’s sixth annual “Autumn Fare”—
- Vendors will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A Farmer’s Breakfast will be from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. —Other Food available until 4:00 pm
- Music by Mary Lou and the Rusty Strings (Wade & Mary Lou Fradenburgh)
- Welcome Visitors, Artists, Farmers, Local Food Producers and Natural Fiber Enthusiasts
- We will be featuring an “Aisle of Farms” in one of the barns. You may have a booth/table and bring a few animals to show the community what you are doing on your farm, whether it is large or small. Bring photos of your farm and animals to display at your booth.
- Contact (952)492-2436 or Lori Pint email@example.com or 952-758-4128 if you have questions for contract information and vendor/commercial exhibitor questions.
AUTUMN FARE Pie Competition
Please bring your pies in pans that you do not want returned to the Scott County Fairgrounds from 8 to 11 a.m on Saturday October 7th. At 11 a.m. the judging will begin. After the judging and awards, the pies will be auctioned off. The proceeds will be used to pay for the awards and any remaining funds are a donation to Scott County Agricultural Society Autumn Fare to help pay for the event.
Awards for each category (apple, pumpkin, and any other) are:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION. THE SCOTT COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY GREAT APPRECIATES YOUR PARTICIPATION.
Pie Competition form
For judging, fleeces are placed in different groups according to color, white and natural colored; and fiber diameter, fine, medium and coarse. Judging is based on cleanliness, tensile strength, staple length, crimp and grade throughout the fleece.
Silent Auction of Judged Fleece
A silent auction will be held for all fleeces offered for sale by the exhibitors. The seller will provide the starting bid for each fleece.
Fleeces must be pre-weighed.
The silent auction will begin after judging is completed (approximately 1:00pm) and to close at 3:30 pm.
Please obtain a bidding number at fleece show registration table if you want to bid on a fleece. Identification will be required.
Silent bids will be increased by whole dollar amounts.
Method of payment will be cash or check.
Entering the Fleece Show
Fleeces to be in place by 8:30 am Saturday October 7th
Fleeces not sold or entered in silent auction need to be picked up by 4:00 pm.
Rules, Instructions and Fees
- Fleeces must be from animals owned by the exhibitor
- Fleeces must be current years shearing.
- Fleeces are to be free of tags & chaff.
- Fleeces are from one animal and in one bag.
- Fleeces will be displayed in a clear plastic bags.
- For judging only—–$4.00
- For judging and sale—–$5.00 plus a 10% commission charged on each sale.
Proceeds from sales and awards to be mailed out.
White and Natural Colored
Fine, Medium and Coarse
Awarded on fleeces in first through third place in each class; with overall Champion and Reserve Champion.
- Champion $10.00
- Reserve Champion $7.00
- First $5.00
- Second $3.00
- Third $2.00
The Judge reserves the right to:
- Move fleeces to the appropriate class
- Close or combine classes if insufficient entries
- Give awards to quality fleeces only